Monday 10 March 2008

Monday 10 March 2008 - Rockhampton

I have been pretty busy lately. At work I am acting team leader, but am still doing some of the work from the previous job I was on. It is challenging but, of course I am enjoying it.

For the past 4 Saturdays I have been co-presenter for the Beginner's Family History Course we have been running at our local association. All those who attended enjoyed it, and many of them joined up, which was lovely.


On Saturday night Darryl and I went to see Don Mclean in concert at The Great Western Hotel. It was fantastic, and if you can stand the poor sound, and poor vision from my mobile phone, have a look at the video I have uploaded. I had a delicious steak, for which The Great Western is renown, and Darryl enjoyed a fisherman's basket.


Shane has just left for Brisbane. He is starting a 3 month contract with Tech Assurance (still with Health), and will spend the first month traveling down on Monday and back on Friday. Hopefully then he will be able to work mostly from Rocky. He and a crew from work went to see the Screaming Jets on Friday night..also starring at The Great Western Hotel. By all accounts they all enjoyed themselves.

Unfortunately, I have been ill for 3 weeks. It started out as a head cold, and I have been coughing and coughing...finally today I went to the doc, and have been told to stay home from work for 2 days, get a chest xray, and take anti-biotics and a puffer (never had one of these before!). Hopefully the couple of days rest will assist, along with the coming weekend, where we have absolutely no plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment