Sunday 13 August 2006

Sunday 13 August 2006 - Brisbane



I hurt my knee while walking to work on Monday morning. I am not sure what happened, but I ended up hobbling around for 3 days, and am still having pain (although it is much better than earlier in the week). On Tuesday I will see a doctor to find out what is going on.

Darryl went to the Ekka (the annual Royal Agricultural Show) on Friday, and seemed to enjoy himself. He took some interesting photos of a water-wise plant display which won an award. He didn't get home until late and I took photos of the fireworks from our balcony. Shane called in - he had been in Brisbane all week at training, and stopped by on his way to the airport on Friday evening. Darryl missed seeing him, but he will be back in a couple of weeks.

Yesterday, I spent a lovely day at the State Archives, and found to my amazement that Mathilde Weibler had died on a property not far from Rockhampton in 1890. I had always presumed that she died in Maryborough, but had never found her. There was an inquest into her death which included 2 letters, written by her son Christian, on letterhead from his workplace, the Northern Miner in Charters Towers. Notations on the side of the documents also confirmed that his sister married a Gorman - every little bit of information leads on to another....!



No comments:

Post a Comment